Tuesday 1 January 2019

January's 2019 American Patchwork and Quilting UFO Challenge

Today is the beginning of a new year for the American Patchwork & Quilting UFO challenge.  I look forward to another year.  Last year I completed 7 of 12 UFOs and that was great, as most of them were queen size.

For the month of January the number that was selected was #3.  My #3 is the reconstructed bright 6-point star quilt.  I purchased the top on eBay for less than $10 back in 2007.  The top was not completed and the top was more of a diamond shape than a rectangular quilt top, so I carefully took it all apart and recut the diamond shapes.  


 started to put the diamonds together to form the hexagon shaped blocks, but soon found out that I did not have the skills needed to do the Y-seams at that time, or maybe it was the lack of patience.  Either way this project got put away for a while.  I took it out sometime later to try again, but again I was not pleased with the intersections of he Y-seams.


Since this is the number that has come up for the month of January, I am determined to give it another go.  As you can see from the picture above, I now have the skill level needed to do the Y-seams.  I think it looks good now.  The block lays flat. Yay!


I am starting out the month with these four blocks above, and I have another seventy-two more to do, plus eight half blocks.  In order to get the blocks done, with enough time to assemble the top, I have to make four blocks per day.  It sounds doable, but we all know how it usually turns out.,,,lol

I am determined though to give it my best!!!  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment