Monday 21 January 2019

Mom's indigo swirl quilt

Saturday and Sunday were very busy for me with renovations.  I am so grateful for how far they've come with technology, when it comes to paint.  Paint now a days dries for recoat in 1-2 hrs depending.  I was able to finish the plastering late afternoon on Saturday, prime the ceilings and walls, paint the ceiling two coats plus the walls, in my downstairs hallway and my sewing room.  I would never have been able to get that much done in one day before.

Sunday it took me most of the morning and part of the afternoon to put my sewing room back together.  After that I painted the downstairs hallway the last coat and decided to freshen up the paint in the kitchen too, as the hallway and kitchen are joint by some walls.  Wow!  Three rooms in one weekend and all cleaned up again, before heading to bed that night.  All because I didn't have to wait the usual 4 hour drying time.

Anyways, now on to the quilting part of this post.  As I did all the painting this weekend, there was no quilting for me, so I found one of my older post that I haven't posted yet.

This is my Mom's quilt.  She got the pattern from a quilting magazine.  She fell in love with this quilt the minute she saw it and had to make it.  

  
The quilt picture was taken at her place, on the couch in the livingroom where it will be.  It matches very well with her carpet....lol.  We took the inspiration from a pillow that matches her armchair.  I took this picture at her house, because I forgot to take the finished quilt while I had it.


She gave me the quilt to quilt for her and I finished it back in the beginning of August. It took me a while to get the final picture.  Above is a close up of her quilt.  You can see the colours better.  Mainly in blues, a few kaki and beige for the background.


Here is a close up of the quilting, just off the longarm.  I love the romance of the curves to these block and how one block leads right into the other.  Mom had to put this on her design wall in order to keep the colours straight, as each block has a colour fabric from it's neighbour.  

It's beautiful!  I may make one for myself in another colour way.  But.....curves....I seem to remember how long it took me to finish my drunkard's path quilt, all because it had curves.  We'll see.  Maybe, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment