Tuesday 22 January 2019

Finished quilting a NICU blue rail fence quilt

I have a small finish for January, so far.  This is 1 of 20 NICU quilts, that are being made up from miscellaneous blocks and pieces.  Mostly from extra blocks from other finished quilts, from customers, friends, family and myself.  This one is a rail fence block set in the traditional basket weave layout.  The blocks were already assembled, so all I had to do was put the blocks together.


I found this piece of tie dye fabric in my stash.  It has the same tone of blues that are on the front, but it also has some splashes of colour to brighten it up.


In my attempt to brighten up the quilt a bit further, I quilted this piece with the Becker's Star pantograph, using a bright mango yellow thread.  The design may be a bit difficult to see in the picture, due to the busy fabrics, but in person it stands out more.


Today after work a took half an hour before starting dinner to organize the next few NICU quilts I want to do.  Those are all curtesy of my daughter.  They come from the extra blocks of her Easy Street quilt.  I'll post more about them as I finish them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment