Friday 11 January 2019

Brown rail fence variation

This was another quilt I finished back in November I believe.  I am so bummed that I forgot to take proper pictures of it.  This is a customer quilt.  Her name is Janet.

Janet did a lovely job with this top.  It's a rail fence variation that was made with different shades of brown.  The variation part is that one of the rails, in each block, is pieced squares the full length and width of a single rail.  Janet made this large lap size quilt for her son, for his couch.


I'll see if later I can get her to send proper pictures of the quilt for me.  She had given me another quilt assembled in a bar quilt form/style, done up in grey oriental type fabrics, that she made for her daughter, however I did not get any photos of that one.  That was when time was starting to slip away.

The grey lap quilt was also gorgeous and had a modern flavour to it.  It was made to highlight large print fabrics, so you didn't have to cut it up small and the prints are what really made the quilt standout. There was also a thin 1" off-white sashing between the vertical rows to separate the prints.

I am sure both her son and her daughter will love their quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment