Thursday 3 January 2019

American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge quilt for November

As mentioned in my last post, my schedule for November and December got a whole lot busier.  With my full time job asking for overtime, my own longarm quilting business picking up for the gift giving season, preparing for Christmas and finishing some last minute renos for my Mom.  I still found bits and pieces of time, to do some of my own sewing, but unfortunately writing posts got dropped.

I did try to remember to at least take pictures along the way to share on my blog.  This would be one of them.  For the month of November, this was my quilt for the American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge.  This quilt is one of Bonnie Hunter's patterns called Tumalo Trail.  I love the grid it makes across the quilt when completed.


This quilt is special to me.  The blocks for this quilt are mostly fabrics from men's shirts and some ladies' shirts.  I have been collecting these shirt for many years, from my husband, my brother, my son and nephews.  I even have some shirts coming from as far as St. Augustine near Labrador/Newfoundland from my aunt and Quebec from my sister-in-law's brother-in-law.  My sister's mother-in-law, who is currently the eldest in our immediate family, also contributed some of her shirting material from when she used to make her own shirts, back in the fifties and earlier.


Some of you may remember from a previous post, that this is where I left off.  I had, I believe, just over 300 nine-patches left to do.  I could assemble all the blocks.  Well life got so busy, that this is where I ended the month.  When December came around and the next quilt came up, I decided that I wanted to continue going with this one.  I may have gotten another fifty nine-patches, but that summed it up and where I am now.

I haven't put this quilt away yet, I haven't given up on getting it done. I am loving how the blocks are turning out and I'm anxious to see it completed.  Some of the men, who know I've started this quilt are asking who is getting it....lol.  I may have to come up with a time share system for the quilt for everyone who contributed......lol

No comments:

Post a Comment