Tuesday 8 January 2019

Enjoying a relaxing day of quilting

New Year's Eve I had the day to myself, to relax and enjoy the aftermath of the Christmas gift giving, dinners and family get togethers.  Later that evening I had to get ready for a New Year's Eve dinner and bringing in the New Year, next door at my niece & her husband's home, but for that morning and afternoon, I had it all to myself.  

Hubby was relaxing with his paper and something on tv, my daughter was working, my son had taken to sleeping in until past the noon hour and my four legged little girl was curled up on her bed, that I brought into my quilt studio, so she wouldn't feel alone.

So......I set up my tablet to play Bonnie Hunter's Quilt Cam reruns while I sat to sew.  I was feeling content and happy to finally get some real time to sew.


I worked on some more 6-point star hexagon blocks.  I am finding some of these blocks very colourful, you could even say loud (lol), but the more I make and put up on the design wall, the more it seems to work.  The loudness of each block, starts to blend in with their neighbours.  It may be a bit difficult to see what I mean in the picture below, as it was taken in the evening, so the colours are not quite true.


With the making of more 6-point star hexagon blocks, came the making of more 9-patches as my leader/enders.  This time I got 19 of them done.  Not too much, but still progress.  A little here, a little there and soon they will be done.


I look forward to seeing both of these quilts done.  For January I need to really try and finish the star blocks for the challenge.  I haven't even started my label for another older quilt, that I also have listed to be done for January.  

Yikes!  We have only begun January and already I feel like I am behind, though at this point, it is only in my mind.  I'll have to change my mindset.  I don't want to feel like I am constantly running to keep up, but that seems to be the way or the reason that I get so much done.  Lol, I cannot win, as I cannot have the best of both worlds.  Oh well.  I will try though....

No comments:

Post a Comment