Tuesday 15 January 2019

Gathering flowers quilt second two blocks

I was having a pleasant time, just mellowing out after the Christmas rush.  I finished the first two of my Gathering Flowers applique blocks and was enjoying the process of picking the colours, cutting the pieces, etc.  The slow pace was meditative.  By this point, I had decided to take the day and continue to work on these blocks.

The next block, number 3 of 20, is my version of the Primrose block, this one came from an unknown source.  I just varied up the buds at the corners, by using the 3D pleated buds.  The green stems on the background fabric were already done during the first go round.  I only have about 1" of one stem to complete, hence the thread still dangling.


For my next block, number 4 of 20, I am doing the Crossed Leaves from page 64 of Mini Dietrich's Baltimore Basics book.  This is my first draft.  I am finding this to be a bit too predictable, maybe even boring, so instead I am thinking of changing it to, the second level of leaves the lighter green and the tip leaves in a yellow instead, just like the picture in her book.  I guess I will wait to cut the new pieces later, when I am ready to assemble this block.


Doing these blocks, as I mentioned above has been meditative and fun at the same time.  So much fun, that after lunch that day, I just jumped right back into it, to work on some more.  Stay tunes for the others in a future post.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment