Monday 7 January 2019

Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST) week 2 for 2019

Well...I know it's not Tuesday here, but it is in Australia.  That is where Sharon the hostess of Take a Stitch Tuesday lives....lol.  I was thrown off when I saw the email come in this evening, until it dawned on me.  

This is the second week of TAST.  Visit the site for full details here:  https://pintangle.com/2019/01/08/tast-week-2/


The stitch for week 2 of TAST is the Fly Stitch https://pintangle.com/2012/01/02/take-a-stitch-tuesday-week-1-2/ , my version is the blue stitches in the picture above.  I did four different sizes to check it out.  They can be combined, overlapped, made in a circle formation, plus lots more.  There are many uses for them, but most commonly you would see them to make stems for flower buds or pretty leaves when overlapped.  Fly stitch is also know as ‘Y’ stitch, and open loop stitch.

The stitch for week 2 of Beyond TAST is the Italian Border Stitch https://pintangle.com/2012/10/16/take-a-stitch-tuesday-week-41-3/ , my first version is the light green stitches.  This stitch is another variation of the fly stitch above.  They are usually closer together and instead of a stitch at the bottom/base of the "V" it is a single knot.  

My second version is a copy of what you will see when you go to the PinTangle site.  Sharon shows this variation as an option with beads.  This design is made up of 2 separate rows of Italian Border Stitch, almost meeting at the top tips of the "V", with just enough space to allow for a bead.  To me, it resembles a row of smocking.

I strongly suggest you check out the site, as my samples above, do not do this stitch justice.  There are many uses for it, which makes it another versatile stitch.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment