Sunday 13 January 2019

Finished quilting my snowflake wall hanging

Last year for Christmas my daughter gave me this wall hanging top.  She made it all on her own, without me even knowing about it.  These are hexagons that she lovingly sewed by hand.  She sewed them into this design of her own. Though she did raid my stash to make it....lol.

I am in the process of making seasonal wall hangings for the hanger/shelf in my quilting room.  The year before giving me this one, she made me one that I put up in May, about a Mother's love.  This one is going to be for January.


It took me a whole year to get up the nerve to quilt it.  She did such a fabulous job of assembling this, all by hand, with tiny tiny stitches, that I was afraid to ruin it.  As you can see, I finally did it.  I worked on it during my Christmas holidays.  I wanted to have it ready in time for this January.  The quilting was quite intense, as these little hexagons are only 1" across from flat side to flat side.  Don't look too closely, it's not perfect, but now it's done and I can enjoy it on my wall.


Doesn't it look gorgeous!  She did this for ME!  I am still blown over by the fact that she did this for me and that she designed it all on her own.  Did I tell you, that this is the first time she has worked with and finished something with hexagons?  First time and this baby lays flat!  Amazing!

Loving it on my wall.  Thank you, Bébé!

No comments:

Post a Comment