Thursday 3 January 2019

3-way BOM Traditional version coming along

I am trying to catch up on the 3-way BOM for the Traditional version.  I have ten blocks of the twelve done.  The directions are all out for the complete quilt, but timing is key and my schedule for November and December got a whole lot busier. 

Now that the hustle of the Christmas season is done, once I put all the decorations away, things will settle down some and I will be able to get the last two blocks done and complete the top.


Here are the last four blocks that I completed, to get to this point.  I chose to do this quilt with four colours plus the background, but trying to use all the colours in all the blocks sometimes got difficult.  In the end some blocks just looked better with the two colours, so for these ones I may need to rearrange the layout of the blocks to separate the colours across the top.


This next block was an obvious for using all four colours.




Two more blocks to do.  I'm thinking I will try and get them done, in between working on my January's challenge quilt.  I will be able to practice the different quilting designs a bit, before actually finishing off the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment