Thursday 24 January 2019

Primary easy street block

These next two NICU quilts are 3&4 of 20.  The blocks are the primary block, for Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street mystery quilt, that my daughter made a while ago.  I've gathered up all the orphaned blocks and pieces and I'm on a rampage to use them all up in NICU quilts.


These two were the same block, so I made them similar.  Only changed the last purple border.  

Oh, by the way, did you catch it....another twisted block....lol.  I guess I should have learned from the first one I did yesturday, to take a few minutes to check for errors.  That will teach me...lol.  I've already fixed that twisted block too, so both of these tops are also ready to be quilted.


Now I am working to try to finish the two borders for the remaining two 3-way BOM quilts.  I started putting the grey border on the freehand version of the quilt.  Two more to go.  I will work on the modern version.  Things are definitely coming along.

The one thing that has been at a standstill though, is this month's AP&Q UFO Challenge quilt.  I am hoping that getting these few quick finishes in, will motivate me to relax and sit to do up some more six point stars.  I was initially hoping to at least finish the blocks themselves, but at this rate, I think that idea is just wishful thinking.  We shall see......

No comments:

Post a Comment