Friday 18 January 2019

Modern version of the 3-way BOM quilt

Blogger has been acting up these past couple of days.  Wasn't able to upload pictures.  But I finally found another way to do it.  Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.  It was so much easier the other way.

I have been going though a bit of sewing/quilting withdrawal this past week.  Tax season is fast approaching here and I needed to get all my paperwork in order.  Just a few more details and I will be done.  This weekend promises to be another very busy weekend.  I have plastering to hopefully finish, and prime. There is the big cleaning to do of all the plaster dust that seems to get everywhere.  I have customer quilts to get to and numerous other maintenance/fix-ups to do too.  

BUT!!!  I really needed a fix with some time in my quilting room, with me and my fabric.  So.....I pulled out my modern version of the 3-way BOM quilt.

I had two blocks left to do for this BOM.  Here is the first one.


And here it the second one.  I like how the solids in this block make it pop.


I've chosen a black solid for the sashing and first small border.  I will follow it up with the skating dogs and cats for the last border.  

I'm not sure if I have succeeded in satisfying my quilting fix, but I am feeling a bit better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment