Tuesday 29 January 2019

Buckhorn area Quilting at the Lake quilt show (QW)

I went to the Buckhorn quilt show back on September 9th, last year.  I took a bunch of pictures of various things.  There were some really pretty quilts.  The four that I am going to post here today are just for my record, so I don't lose the pictures in the vast folder of pictures.  Here I can word search it to find them.  They are in no particular order, only how I found the pictures in my folder.  

This first one is an old pattern.  You don't see this one around much.  It's a good pattern for using up colourful scraps.  This block is made up of a Baptist fan on the one half, with the half moon handle a solid colour and a different solid colour to fill in the corner on the opposite side.  As you twist and turn the blocks the solid colours make the candy part of the candy wrapper and the colourful Baptist fan does the edges of the wrapper.  This would make a pretty baby girl quilt.


This next one I fell in love with.  I love the colour and the intricate pattern.  Can you see those flying geese in a half circle formation.  Wow!  Everything about this quilt hit me.  There isn't a single thing I would want to change on it.  Kudos to the person who made it.  Unfortunately, I lost my page with the information about this quilt.  If anyone knows the name of the pattern, I would appreciate knowing it.


This one I took many different versions of.  I posted this picture because it was the one that you could see more of what was going on in the quilt.  Some of the other versions were softer on colour or more floral and I think one of them was only blues.  The Buckhorn guild members had a sub group, that got together and many of them worked on their own quilts together.  I wouldn't mind finding out the name of this pattern too.  The hand stitched blocks were cute.  You could make the different blocks and rearrange them to suit your own style.


This last picture I kept for the quilting aspect, though the hand stitched design of the quilt was gorgeous, I was wanting to remember this form of quilted feathers.  They were unique as they were made with a hook to form the first part of the feather, but instead of backtracking to move on to the next feather the maker did two humps that make it look more like a heart, before coming back down to finish the one feather leaf.  I thought it was very interesting and it adds more of a feminine feel to the feathers.


Even though this post is really only for my own record, hope you still enjoyed it.  At a later date, maybe I will go back and chose some other pictures from the show to share with you.

Enjoy you day.  Stay in and stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment