Sunday 27 January 2019

Gathering flowers quilt third two blocks

I haven't been able to get in any quilting time these last couple of days.  I'm not complaining, because family time is important.  Friday evening my son and I, with our four legged little girl Maddie, took a drive up to visit my mom.  We all had dinner and spent some time just chilling out.  Saturday, my husband and I, with the help of both our son and daughter, worked on getting the entertainment components working.  

We're all set up and already enjoying the new set up.  We now have everything in the one space and with the removal of a large armoire, we now have space to do the workout videos/DVDs.  I can see it now.....we're all going to be fighting for our turn...lol.  Thinking now it may not have been a good idea.  Lol just kidding!  We all kind of have our routines and they don't seem to conflict with each other, other than this may get my kids out of there rooms a bit more, to watch Netflix on the big tv scene instead of their tablets.

Today I have deadlines to deal with.  First up is finishing a wall hanging for one of my customers.  I need to prepare all my supplies for the guild meeting tomorrow.  I am hosting one of the round robins, where I will be talking to the members about how to prepare the quilt for quilting (ie different battings, backings, etc.).  Lastly, I have to work on the handouts for the round robin.  That will keep me busy for most of the day.

As I won't be able to share anything that I will be working on today, I thought I would share another couple of appliqué blocks I was preparing during my Christmas break.  The next two blocks are wreaths.  Very similar however one has alternating rose flower buds and the other has berries.

Both of the wreaths are called Cherry wreath from page 75 of Mini Dietrich's Baltimore Basics book.  This first one is the rose bud version.  I already have the stem completed and now I have the leaves and buds cut out and ready to sew.


This next one is with the berries instead, however I just realized I made a mistake, and I need to change the one singular rose bud out for a cherry.  I followed the picture and forgot that the rose bud was there only to show a second version.  Oh, well.....that will be a simple swap out.  I can keep the rose bud for another block.  The block also has the stem completed.


I really can't wait to get working on some of these blocks.  The process of preparing them has rejuvenate my interest in completing this quilt.  It's on my list if twelve UFOs for the AP&Q UFO challenge, so I only have to wait for the number to be drawn.  The Gathering Flowers quilt is my number four.  Wonder which month that number will be drawn......I'll just have to wait and see.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment