Saturday 23 August 2014

The pile of scraps to cut is dwindling

Well, today is the first day starting my holidays.  Another early riser.  Just could not sleep past 4:30 am.  I am hoping this early morning is not going to affect me latter in the day as it is going to be a long busy day.  Today is the day my niece gets married.  She is also my goddaughter.  The wedding is not until 4:00 pm, but my daughter and I have our hair appointment at 10:00 am and our nails.  Still have to iron the men's shirts, get the card, look into foundation for my daughter and all the little things that get delayed until the last moment.  Did I tell you that I am a procrastinator.  Too much to do in so little time.  I keep telling myself we will get though this, we will.


This past week I have been working on a lot of little things here and there.  I've notices the pile of scraps to cut is dwindling down.  My ironed pile and my basket are noticeably lighter.  I've been working on cutting a bow tie from each fabric I work with and cutting them down to 2" strips and squares.  With whatever is left over I cut into 1 1/2" strips and squares.  These bow tie parts are the darks waiting patiently for their  light parts.


And below are the bow tows that are matched up and ready to be sewn.  I will put these beside my machine to sew as leader/enders.  This pile consist of all the dark blues from my nieces Midnight Flight quilt.  It is amazing how quickly these things add up.


Did you notice the jars in the picture above.  I think they are cute, I have a fetish for jars.  One of them is holding my parts of Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt, Celtic Solstice.  I am droning mine in Christmas colours of red green and gold with black.  The second jar is for my ridiculously small half square triangles from bonus HST the Bonnie way, from previous quilts.  They measure 1 1/4" in size and would finish at 3/4".  I know ridiculous, but I want to try it. I want the challenge.  I will continue to collect them as I do various quilts until I fill the jar.  I will figure out what to sew the into.  This should to be interesting.  So far the majority of the HSTs are from my daughters Easy Street quilt.  Another of Bonnie's patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment