Thursday 14 August 2014

Cutting up quilt parts for Midnight Flight

Last night I started a new quilt.  Always something exciting for me.  On the weekend I purchased Bonnie's latest book More Adventures with Leaders and Enders.  I couldn't wait to purchase her autographed copy.  You can see part of the quilt I am going to make on the cover.  On the top left hand corner, you can also see my daughter's quilt that she just finished, called Easy Street.  There are some nice quilts in this book.  Not surprising if you've seen her other books.


The picture was taken at night, so the picture is not the greatest for showing the true colour of the fabrics, but you get the idea.  I have my book and my paper with the number of units I need to cut and I am ready to tackle this quilt. I needed to start by calculating what I needed to make this quilt bigger by one row on the side and one row on the bottom.  I finished cutting out all the lime green parts for a queen sized quilt.  I cut some of the dark blues and some of the neutrals.  Later tonight I hope to cut out some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment