Sunday 3 August 2014

Garden quilt assembly now completed

Yeah!!!!  I finished my Garden Quilt.  Friday I had a day off to make my long weekend an extra long weekend. This way basically a me day.  I took some time to do some of my own quilt stuff.  One of them was finishing my Garden Quilt.  I started by finishing the construction of section B.  Section A is waiting already done on the design wall.


I put that aside and worked on the C section.  Everything going together like a puzzle.  Section D is also waiting aside to be added to make the whole top.  When section C is complete, I add it to section B.  Now with this BC unit together I can add both A and D to it.


Centre now done I can add the borders.  The next picture is of the top complete.  The colours in the picture do not seem true.  I think it has to do with the lighting.  It may have been too sunny.  The quilt will also improve with the quilting.  I find that the quilting usually brings out the features if the quilt more.  For now I have to put this one aside to wait in line to be quilted.  I am so happy though, that I can move another quilt up the list.  Now I have 9 in the category for quilting and I am down to 4 quilts for assembly, in order to meet my self imposed goal. 

I have to put quilting aside for today, as I have to work on renovations.  Need to see about finishing my bathroom.  Yesturday was a shopping day.  Took my Mom and daughter out dress shopping.  We all now have our dresses and shoes for my nieces wedding coming on the 23rd of this month. The kids and I dropped off at my sister's house to help her a bit.  So today, I have to do renovations or weeding the backyard.  Both options a tough decision, but someone has got to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment