Tuesday 12 August 2014

Had time to pin a small quilt

A while back my daughter made this simple square blocks quilt to learn how to quilt.  The fabrics were not her colour choice, but were something that was given to me for donation quilts.  The size is a wheel chair lap quilt.  The fabrics are more for an older person in beiges and a touch of light blue with mainly large floral designs.  I am sure someone will like it.


She is going to start out with in the ditch and corner to corner on a diagonal quilting with a walking foot, and she will try some free motion stippling or loop-da-loop in the borders.  A little bit of everything in a size that she will be able to manage.  Once she does the quilting on this one, she can start on her little yellow quilt that will have a little more free hand quilting to it.

After my workout last night I came home and decided to pin the quilt for her.  It only took about 45 minutes to iron the backing, the top and pin the quilt, and off to bed for me.  I had an early morning, with waking at 4:30 am.  Just couldn't sleep, so I came downstairs and started cutting up some more scraps.  In the two hours before my usual time to wake up, I did quite a lot of cutting.  I have a nice pile of bow tie parts that can be sewn.  I now also have many 2" & 1 1/2" strips and squares to add to my drawers.

No comments:

Post a Comment