Friday 22 August 2014

Started sewing some two patches

I started sewing some of the two patches for the Midnight Flight quilt.  On the back table I have some of my pairs sewn together.  I started putting them through the machine as they came, but decided to do just the greens first, so that I could sort them and assemble them into four patches. 

When I sew these I would usually run the pair of blocks through the machine with the dark fabrics on the bottom.  Always dark on the bottom so you will do the blocks always the same.  This is important if you want to twist you centre seams, so there will not be as much bulk, both in the centre and at the joints.  It also orients the seams in the same direction, no matter how you turn or situate your block.


I am almost half way there.  This next picture is what I have left to sew of the two patches.  All together I have 1176 pairs to sew together using 1 1/2" squares, sew them together to make 588 four patches, that makes 294 blue four patches and 294 green four patches.


Last night when I got home I was too tired to finish pinning my daughter's quilt.  Maybe tonight I could come home and finish it and work on getting this pile of squares at least to the sewn into pairs stage.  I will be on holidays this coming week. Hoping to get a lot accomplished, however most of the things needing to be done are house related and jarring up some marinara sauce, pasta sauce and diced tomatoes.  Four large bushels full and that is just for our house.  There will be at least three bushels for my parents. Busy, busy, busy.  Just hoping to also get some sewing time in.  Am I asking for too much. Spreading myself too thin. Who knows, but if it is not on the agenda the likeliness of getting done is not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment