Monday 11 August 2014

Rare occasion of family quilting time

Yesturday, while I was cleaning up and cutting up fabrics for various quilts, my children decided to join me.  I was helping my daughter with her borders,  helping my son with his new quilt, as well as cutting up scraps for my nieces quilt and the bow tie blocks.  A very hectic quilt room.


These fabrics are what I will use to make the Midnight Flight quilt that I discussed on a previous post a couple of post ago, from Bonnie's newest book.  The colours look a little yellow here in the picture. One of the chains going in one direction will be lime green, the second on will be blue turquoise.  The stripes the form a sort of star will be dark bright blue all the way to navy and my neutrals will be white based all the way it very light blue.  No pink for this girl.  The two colours she cannot stand are pink and red.  She will tolerate yellow and lavenders in small doses, but otherwise anything goes.


These are the blocks my son was working on. He is working on a quilt from Bonnie's site called boxy stars.  These are going to be scraps from my 2" drawer.  This will be his first bed size quilt.  This is the first one that he is doing with corner like this.  He is having to learn precision.  He has taken a few stitched out already, but he is doing well.  Here are four of his blocks to make a complete block.


No comments:

Post a Comment