Tuesday 19 August 2014

More quilts at the Creek

I had to show you this quilt.  It is from one of Bonnie Hunter's patterns.  This is one that I was planning to make at some point in time.  I was possibly thinking in neutral colours with the black for the outline, for another one of my nieces.  That would be her preferred colour scheme.  The only thing holding me back is the fact that I have never been a neutral type of person, so I am afraid I would start it and would get bored of the colours and not finish it.  My daughter reminds me that you are not supposed to match the quilt to the room, but in this case I don't think my niece would use it on her bed if it didn't match.  Who knows, I may just do it anyways.


I took this picture solely for the layout. I thought it was different, striking. Beautiful.  The only change I might make for this quilt is to have it more scrappy.  I prefer my quilts that way, but I am sure that more people prefer an organized selection of colours. 


This next quilt was.....yes, another log cabin quilt.  These logs were approximately 3/4" wide with a double sized centre square.  This quilt felt like it had that aged look.  Not because of the fabrics or anything like that, but because the quilt had that soft washed feel to it.  The feel that you only get with age.  It was pristine and showed the care in construction and preservation.  I like the layout as well.  From the picture you would think that the maker only used darks and lights, but up close you can see all the medium lights and medium darks that were used as well. Beautiful quilt.


I think these two nine patch variations are nice simple quilts to make for a new arrival.  They can be made up in no time at all and are pretty in any colour choices.  I was thinking of making a large red and white quilt after I make my red and white Northern Wind quilt.


There were many, many more quilts at the show.  Too many to show on my blog.  From the pictures in this post and the last one, you can see I have a fondness for log cabin quilts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment