Thursday 21 August 2014

Pinning my daughter's quilt

Last night I had some time while my son was out at his soccer game to do some quilting.  I decided it was long overdue to start on my daughter's quilt.  She has done a great job with making her quilts over the summer that I want her to be able to enjoy them.  This quilt was the fist one she finished.


As we were sitting there admiring her finish, she notices an error, right in the middle of her quilt.  She pointed it out and asked me if I would fix it for her.  When I get frustrated with a seam for not cooperating she constantly steps in to take care of it for me.  We sit and chat while I continue with some other step and she dutifully rips the stitches.  Now it was my turn to reciprocate.  I told her how since she is always ripping my stitched that it would only be fitting for me to do the same.  She laughs as she knows she has ripped out many of my stitches.  We've discussed it at some time how it is always easier to fix someone else's stuff than your own. 

Last night I fixed the one block that was facing the wrong direction and decided to go further and start pinning the quilt.  And there it sits this morning, still waiting to be pinned.  When my son got home and took a shower, he wanted us to read together.  Hard to refuse an undemanding child one of his few request.  So, I just left the quilt as it is.  Maybe tonight after my late night at work I can finish it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment