Monday 25 August 2014

A tooth fairy

My nieces wedding in Saturday was beautiful.  The party was still going strong when we left at around 12:30 am.  By the time we got home and in bed it was 1:45 am.  My bodies alarm clock still had me up at 7:00 am. Yuck!!!  Especially since the morning before I was out of bed at 4:30 am.  I don't know what is going on, but I am going through a sleep deprivation stage.  Luckily for me later that morning while I was reading I fell back to sleep and did not wake until 11:45 am.  I felt much better.  I really needed it.  

When I woke up it was time to make lunch.  We decided to make burgers on the barbecue.  I got outside and a brain wave hit me to set up the barbecue area that I was meaning to do all summer, since I planted the side garden that I posted about.  It only took my husband and I two hours to move all the slabs for the surface of a patio, out the back sliding doors.  It is looking cleaner now and there is now the room to put the barbecue.  We even made somewhat of a bench with a wide board and some buckets.  It will do for now.

My daughter and I ran up to The Hobby Horse, for a piece of black fabric that I ran short on, for my Christmas quilt.  I was so glad they still had some.  Only .94 meters on the roll.  So glad they had even this much.  I took the whole thing even though I only need about 1/4 meter.  From there we went to IKEA for simple curtains, for my daughters room and to Home Depot for some paint.  My daughter's birthday is coming up and I told her I would do her room during my holidays.  That is what I will be up to after I write this post.


This morning while sitting and having my tea, I finished the Tooth Fairy needle work block.  It turned out pretty.  This is the first of two I want to make.  The next one is going to be done in blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment