Thursday 28 April 2016

Little progress on quilty stuff

This past week since the weekend has not allowed me much time to do any quilty stuff.  I have been knee deep in paper work, being tax season and all.  I always leave the bulk of my paper work and filing to this time of year.  I'm almost done all of it, just waiting for some numbers to come in the mail to finish the last of it.

This coming week may be a repeat of last week, where I find little time to do quilty stuff.  I am getting the itch to finish up some renovation jobs that have been started in my laundry room and my livingroom.  I would like them done before the really nice weather comes, when you want to spend more time outdoors.

Even with everything that I have been doing around here, I did manage to sew more than half of the apple core quilt and in handwork I got a half Dresden plate block done.  I have three of these half blocks left to do.


In all of the confusion going on here, this little girl still wanting to be a part of it and have some of her own attention.  This little girl of ours is getting big.  She is, I think, almost full size, which is at knee height.  Isn't she pretty, In a down position, patiently waiting.


I keep telling myself that even though this may be a slow week for quilting, I have made good progress.  It helps to peek at my list every once in a while.  Keeps me from getting down.


**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**

Work in progress:  
3. Quilting - Lise's hexagon quilt (family)..........two and a half large diamonds left to frog...rip-it, rip-it
4. Quilting - Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)..........first row done, taking a break to do quilting
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)
9. Leader/Ender - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (my own)..........more done while working on apple core
10. Handwork - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........some done, 11 & 3 halves to do
11. Main work - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........all blocks appliquéd, moved to main work
12. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........these are put on hold again for a bit

Total number of quilts completed - 9
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 9

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned)
14. Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
16. Reversable crazy quilt & matching doll quilt (charity)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)
6. Jean material quilt (charity)
5. Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)

No comments:

Post a Comment