Tuesday 19 April 2016

Another variation of the Dresden plate block

When my friend Carol sent me all those magazines to go through, she also sent a few other goodies in with the pile.  In one of the bags with the log cabin blocks and the shadow quilt blocks, I found three of these blocks.  They are another variation of a Dresden plate.  In this version though the edges are done in points.  They are very colourful and cheerful. 
   

These blocks were made a bit different as well.  Instead of the Dresden plates being assembled in a circle, they were appliqued to a rectangular piece of white fabric.  One quarter of a Dresden plate to each corner.  When these rectangles are sewn together the four quarters will come together to make a full Dresden plate.

I put these aside to play with them later.  I have a few things already on the go right now and my list of to do work to get done.  I will enjoy working with these bright fabrics.  I think I will go into my stash of older bright fabrics to see about making a larger top.

I copied this quote from Bonnie Hunter's blog Quiltville.com.  I like the quote, but I copied it mainly for the quilt that she has pictured here.


As far as quilts on my quilt-want-to-be list.  This quilt is not on it, because this quilt is already started.  I am making this quilt in Christmas colours.  Mine is in green, red, gold and some black.  I was working on it for a bit as a leader/ender, but like everything else I got distracted.  I still very much like this mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter.  I will get back to it......soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment