Friday 22 April 2016

One of my own Dresden plates done

I am sure everyone recalls my reconstructed Dresden plate quilt.  I talked about taking it all apart, ironing everything and trimming down all the pieces to a uniform size.  Recently I spoke about putting the plates together during an evening off.

Since, I put them aside while I did the hand work on my cousin's Dresden plate blocks.  Well, since I finished them recently, I was able to pull these back out.  Handwork wise I have these blocks and the sewing machine wall hanging.  I decided to do these.


These are all authentic old fabrics with some feed sacks in there too.  As the foundation feed sack material that these where sewn to originally, were fraying and disintegrating I had to replace them.  I chose a neutral muslin fabric for the background, as the colour closely resembled the feed sacks.

This picture of my little puppy girl was taken as I was working on the Apple core quilt.  She is sitting pretty at that moment, acting all prim, but seconds before she was a crazed animal trying to mutilate one of her doggie beds.  I called her out on it and she just sprang into the I am innocent stance. 

I tell you......she is a very smart puppy.  She already knows how to work her people family.  How could you get mad at that innocent face......lol.


In closing, I thought I would share with you another quote from Bonnie Hunter's blog Quiltville.com.  It is something that I remind myself of all the time.  Very much like stop and smell the roses kind of thing.  Or life is too short, stop and take some time to enjoy it.  You really do have to count your blessings and not take things for granted.





No comments:

Post a Comment