Saturday 2 April 2016

Finished the Midnight flight runway quilt

I have another finish, yay!!!  That makes one more quilt off my list of twelve that turned out to be eighteen.  This quilt was made with all the leftover pieces from the Midnight flight quilt.  This is going to charity.  The size is almost a twin bed size.

I like the fact that all these left over pieces where used in a creative way to make a completely different quilt from the original.  By using them right away, they don't end up back in my stash.


Here is a closeup of the quilting in the centre of the quilt. These four patch blocks finish in this quilt at 2" square.  Each little block 1" square each.


This picture is a section of the border.  I kept it simple for this quilting.  Everything was done freehand.  The backing is the same as the binding, which is a mix of the blue and green of the four patches.  The only think I don't care for is the batting.  I had a piece of batting just large enough to fit this quilt.  It was meant to be, but the batting leaves the quilt poofy.  Sometimes I like poofy and other times I don't.  In this case I don't, but I am sure someone will be happy to have it.


Earlier today I started quilting the next quilt from my list.  The next quilt on the list is my cousin and her husband's hexagon quilt.  I had a small section done before breaking for lunch.  Now I am ready to get back to it.  We will see how long this one will take me to do.  Each of he hexagons measures just over 1 1/4" across.  Stay tuned.

**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**     

Work in progress:  
3. Quilting - Lise's hexagon quilt (family)..........basted and waiting for quilting
4. Quilting - Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)..........started back on my spools, first row almost done
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)
9. Leader/Ender - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (my own)..........started back up on this too
10. Handwork - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........this now needs to wait a bit
11. Handwork - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........last five blocks basted and ready to sew
12. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........taking a short break

Total number of quilts completed - 9
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 9 ***Yay!!! I am in the single fidgets now, woohoo!!!

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned) 
14. Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
16. Reversable crazy quilt & matching doll quilt (charity)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)
6. Jean material quilt (charity)
5. Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)

No comments:

Post a Comment