Thursday 14 April 2016

Amish style shadow quilt

At the last quilt bee meeting, my friend Carol brought a couple of bags of scraps and books to go through.  In with the scraps was a bag with this single shadow block in solids and a few rows of strips sewn together to be sub cut into triangles to make more shadow blocks.

Carol knows I do quilts for charities and knows I will use the scraps.  For this one, I've already gone and purchased a small piece of black fabric to make more shadow blocks.  I also cut all the triangles from the strips.  I basically organized the pieces for when I can take some time to put it all together.


While I was going through some of the mazagines she gave me, I came across this little article about the different layouts.  I am thinking that, as I do not have many blocks, I will probably stick with the traditional straight layout, where each block is oriented facing the same direction.  But that could change along the way.  We will have to see.


Thank you Carol.  Once the quilt is completed it will go to someone who needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment