Sunday 10 April 2016

Did up some more pineapple blocks

I had Friday night off from puppy duty, so I decided to work some more on the pineapple blocks.  On average it takes approximately one hour to do one large block.  My plan was to work on my large perimeter block to fill in the hole.  I did that.  Things were going well, so I added the last corner block to my plan.  I got that done too.  That is how the evening went, once I finished that I added the half squares with the blue tips and so on.  In total I managed to get 1-large perimeter block, 1-corner block and 6-half square perimeter blocks done.


Saturday morning after puppy duty, while having my tea, I trimmed all the blocks and removed all the papers.  It's looking good.  I have only six more half square perimeter blocks with green tips to do to finish the outside edges of the quilt.


With these perimeter pieces coming together it makes it easier to see the size of the top.  The next time I get to play with these I will try and finish the half square triangles, than start filling it in.

In the meantime, I am still working at removing the quilting stitches from the diamond hexagon quilt and quilting some more in a different section.  Moving along slowly, but surely.

**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**         

Work in progress:  
3. Quilting - Lise's hexagon quilt (family)..........quilting along
4. Quilting - Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)..........first row done, taking a break to do quilting
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)
9. Leader/Ender - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (my own)..........working on this when doing main work
10. Handwork - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........this now needs to wait a bit
11. Handwork - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........another block done, only four left to go
12. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........did some more of these

Total number of quilts completed - 9
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 9 ***Yay!!! I am in the single digits now, woohoo!!!

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned)
14. Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
16. Reversable crazy quilt & matching doll quilt (charity)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)
6. Jean material quilt (charity)
5. Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)

I get so excited when I look at this list and see just how much I got done already.  I started this in January, we are now the start of April and already I have nine completed with progress being made on some of the others too.  But......I have to calm myself down, reasoning that I did the easy ones first and that the rest of the quilts will take me a lot longer to finish.  I am hoping that riding on the wave of my progress so far, will help to keep me motivated throughout the year.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment