Friday 8 April 2016

Another Dresden plate block done and some leader/ender blocks too

I finished another Dresden plate block yesturday.  Now I only have four more to go and I can start putting the quilt together.  I'm still trying to firm up the layout.  It is one of two in my head.  The only difference between the two is the sashing.  I still have time to consider.


Last week when I was finishing the first row of my spools quilt, I got one sixteen patch block done and one small drunkards path section.  I haven't been doing a lot of main work lately, to work on these leader/enders.  I have been trying to get some quilting done or all the binding I had to do.


Now I am putting my energy into getting my cousin's quilts done.  I started the quilting of the diamond hexagon quilt and when I need a bit of a break and feel like hand work, I will continue to do the Dresden plates.  I still have some more frogging to do with the diamond hexagon quilt.  I did get a portion done, so that's good.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the quilts I will be working on in the next little bit will take some time to complete.  You may be seeing some repeat topics.  That is how quilting goes, but I will try to add in some other stuff.  Maybe some more about my quilt-want-to -be(s).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment