Wednesday 13 April 2016

More Dresden plate blocks done

On Monday during my day off, l also had a chance to do some handwork.  I did some more Dresden plate blocks.  I did two and a half blocks, so now I only have one and a half blocks left of the handwork for this Dresden plate quilt. 


I only noticed recently that almost all the last few blocks are green, except the very last one which is pink.


Later this evening I have my quilt bee meeting.  I am looking forward to it.  It seems that it has been a long time since our last meeting, though it hasn't.  My friend Carol said she was going to bring in her sample of a crazy quilt block, showing all the fancy stitches she used.  I am anxious to see it.


**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**

Work in progress:  
3. Quilting - Lise's hexagon quilt (family)..........three large diamonds left to frog...rip-it, rip-it
4. Quilting - Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)..........first row done, taking a break to do quilting
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)
9. Leader/Ender - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (my own)..........more done while working on apple core
10. Handwork - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........this now needs to wait a bit
11. Handwork - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........more blocks done, only two left to go
12. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........did some more of these

Total number of quilts completed - 9
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 9

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned)
14. Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
16. Reversable crazy quilt & matching doll quilt (charity)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)
6. Jean material quilt (charity)
5. Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)

No comments:

Post a Comment