Saturday 16 April 2016

Random colour placement log cabin quilt

In amongst the stuff Carol gave me to go through, there was also a gold coloured box.  I thought to myself, oh! what could this be.  It felt like a treasure hunt.  When I opened up the box, I found a bunch of strips of fabric.  I was thinking this will be good, as it will add some variety to my own straps.   As I move the strips around to admire the different patterns, I spy something pieced.  After a bit more investigation, at the bottom of the box, I found a stack of random coloured log cabin blocks.


The blocks are cheerful.  They are bright and vivid.  Not your traditional old log cabins with one side dark and one side light.  I haven't had much time to really examine them to see if there is a theme to them.  For now I am having to content myself with the thoughts that, when I do get a chance to go through this box thoroughly, I am going to have some fun with colour.

The log cabin block is such an old favourite that I can bet most quilters have completed at least one in there lives.  I myself have completed at least three variations that I can think of off hand and I am in the process of completing another one now with my mini paper piece log cabin blocks.

There is just something about them that people are drawn to.

Well, I will end my post here.  I have to get ready for work.  It will be a bit odd today, as this is my first Saturday working for my real job.  It is usually a Monday to Friday type job, but they are asking for help with volumes, so thought I would do my share to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment