Monday 11 April 2016

Apple core quilt

Look at the trouble I got myself into now.  The quilting bee ladies were talking about borrowing my Go! Cutter.  One of the ladies is looking into doing a hexagon quilt and I have the template for it.  This is another template I have.  The block is called an apple core.  An obvious name for the block.


I started collecting some fabric the last time I went to Quilt Junction with my mom and my daughter, a while back.  I wanted to make a brown and blue quilt.  My browns are from dark chocolate to beige and my blues are from navy to a soft almost grey blue.  

As these were cut with the Go! cutter, it took me no time at all to do and all the pieces are precise.  They even have a dart/notch on all four sides to match up and make it easier to sew the curves.

Last weekend I laid out the colours and did one set of four blocks into a four patch block.  It went pretty smoothly.......but I put it aside, because I had to do other things......things on my list.  


Had I remembered it, I may have taken this back out on my evening off from puppy duty.  My next night off is tonight.  Who knows, maybe after groceries, putting them all away, dinner and clean up, I will still have some energy to do some sewing.  The other part of my problem, besides the energy or lack of it, is the guilt I get when working on something that is not on the list, even during times that are classified as my own time.

I will just have to get over it......the guilt that is, because I really want to get this quilt done.  This is going to be a gift to my sister.  She is needing a comfort quilt right now.  She has taken my father's passing last October really hard.  She was his main caregiver, always looking after his needs and now there is a void.  I think that reason alone should help me overcome my guilt, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment