Sunday 1 May 2016

Rainy day today means I get to play

This rainy day today means I get to play.  I am taking advantage of the rain by staying indoors, so no renos today.  I am in my quilting room working on this and that.  Getting things cleaned up and getting the things that get dumped in here out.

Yesturday, I made it to The Hobby Horse Quilt Shop to pick out some borders for the apple core quilt.   I also picked up the backing material.  As of this morning, all the fabric is washed and ironed.  Now I just need to finish the last four horizontal seams, to finish the centre of the quilt, and I can add on all the borders.

Yesturday, we also went to my Mom's place for dinner.  While she made dinner I finished another half square Dresden plate block.  The second one below it is the one I finished on Friday.



On Friday morning, on one of our many visits outside with puppy,  I noted my garden is really starting to come to life.  I took this picture of my Service Berry tree.  I like the soft pink of the new buds just before they bloom into white flowers.  So pretty.


I took this picture of my Eastern Redbud tree, which is just starting to bud out.  Another few days and this tree will be covered on flowers.  Can't wait!


I am just taking a break to have a cup of tea and write this post.  I needed a short break, from trying to remove the rest of the quilting on the diamond outlines of the hexagon quilt.  Taking out all the tiny stitches is tedious, but necessary.  I have one and 3/4 left to remove, so that will take me at least another two hours.

What I have left, to finish cleaning out my quilting room, is a pile of mending for my daughter, finish ironing and trimming the purple and blue squares that I took apart,  put away the last of my scrappy strips and finish the Apple Core quilt.

Let's see how much of it a can get done.  I will report my progress tomorrow.  Enjoy the rest of your day everyone and make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment