Tuesday 3 May 2016

What have I done

This was one of my parting paragraphs in my last post:
What I have left, to finish cleaning out my quilting room, is a pile of mending for my daughter, finish ironing and trimming the purple and blue squares that I took apart,  put away the last of my scrappy strips and finish the Apple Core quilt.

What I got done was this last half square Dresden plate........but that wasn't on the list.


From my list I did put away the last of my scrappy strips.  I finished the centre of the apple core quilt and got the peek-a-boo border on too.


I even got the last two borders on the apple core quilt. Yay!!!


Before I headed to bed on Sunday evening, I ironed the backing for the quilt and pinned it all together, ready for quilting.  Another yay!!!  Monday I started doing some quilting.

The pile of mending for my daughter, the ironing and trimming of the purple and blue squares that I took apart......well they are still exactly where I left them......and they will still be there when I go back.  I can't do everything, but I did get a good amount done.

Today while taking a quick break, I went through my emails.  One of them was from Pinterest.  I thought this idea was neat.  A very innovative way of dealing with the rain water.


When I looked it up, I was amazed as to how many others were doing things like this.  Very imaginative, practical, environmentally friendly and ecstatically pleasing.  These people were really looking outside the box.  Way to go people!

No comments:

Post a Comment