Monday 15 September 2014

Trying to get a few things done

Before I got distracted this weekend, I had intentions of trimming my lights to match the darks of my bow ties, sew my blue pairs for the Midnight Flight quilt, finish sewing the pleated log cabin top and quilt the last border of my friend's quilt.


Last night I did finish trimming all the light fat quarters that I had to match the bow tie blocks.  I now have five bundles to sew as my leader/enders.

  

I almost finished the blue pairs.  I only have two hundred left to go.  I didn't get to the log cabin blocks yet or the quilting done yet, but we will see what I can get done tonight after groceries.

I know it may be boring from time to time reading daily posts of the same things.  That is because quilting is a repetitive thing.  For example, when you consider that I am working on the Midnight Flight quilt which is a queen size quilt, and consider that each blue block starts out at 1 1/2" square, you should be able to put it into perspective.  So, when one considers that I work full time, have a family, run a household and do work on the side, you can see that it does not always allow for long periods of sewing.  It will take me some time to make this quilt, but that's ok.  It is not a race, I want to enjoy the process.  Sometimes when I get bored of one thing I will switch it up and do something else for a little bit.

That is why I planned four different things this weekend, each doing something different.  One was cutting and sorting, the second thing was piecing, the third was assembling a quilt top and the last was quilting.  I was sure to have something to interest me.  All the tasks were also small enough that if I had the weekend to do it, they could have been accomplished.  You just have to keep plugging away at it.  It will get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment