Tuesday 23 September 2014

Quilting Sabryna's Easy Street quilt

I am now working on quilting my daughter's Easy Street quilt.  I started with the chain that goes down the green blocks and branches out with small loops along the way on the small white block.
I've completed the chains going in one direction.  Sabryna wants to also do a straight line going down the black small squares to frame out the large design she wants.


For the bulk of the quilt she decides to use a pattern from Quilting Creations called Elegance.  She tracked the design and I enlarged it to fit her block do 12 1/2" square.  Now I have to make a template for it so that I can use the chalk.  It's a pretty design. It will fill in the areas nicely.


On the small border Sabryna chose another design by Quilting Creations, this one called Scroll Border.   This pattern needed to be reduced in order to fit.  The design extends the theme of the fleur-de-lis from the large pattern she chose.


For the last border she went with a design from the book Designs for Continuous Line Quilting by Shirley Thompson.  This design also has the fleur-de-lis theme, just a bit fancier.


Overall I think she did well with her planning for the quilting designs.  This is her first real grown-up quilt.  I think it will look nice.  I hope it turns out to her liking and the way she envisions it in her head.  I will post pictures when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment