Wednesday 10 September 2014

Log Cabin Scene quilt

This Log Cabin Scene quilt was another quilt that I quilted for my friend Sharon.  I was reminded of it when I noticed today is a quilt bee meeting.  Sharon hosts our meetings at her home.  The last time I was there we took a few pictures of a couple of quilts that she made and I quilted.  This was one of them.  It was in the early days of quilting for someone else.


The scene is all free hand quilted with waves following the clouds. Zig zags in the trees, out lining the animals and cabin, that sort of thing.  It's a flannel quilt with log cabin blocks surrounding the scene.  Sharon also made a matching log cabin block bag that can be used as a storage bag, but also a pillow.  It is a neat idea to preserve the quilt when not in use.


In the above picture you can see the quilting better.  The quilting is of oak leaves and acorns.  For the log cabin blocks themselves I just did in the ditch.  It turned out nice and Sharon likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment