Saturday 7 October 2023

Has my sewing mojo finally come back?

Well...I am not sure...we will have to wait and see...but I am finally getting excited about starting a new quilt.

It's been a while.  It's been pretty crazy around here!  I've been doing customer quilts and I have no blocks with keeping up with them and charity quilts, as I enjoy quilting for others.  However, I have not been able to sit at my sewing machine to really get into something and spend the day just mellowing out.  It is taking a toll on me.

I am thinking the road block has been mainly spreading myself too thin with trying to do everything, all at once.  In the last few months I have come to realize that I can't do it all.  I put the demands onto myself. I have no one to blame for it but me.  Well, now.....I am really starting to reevaluate all that I do.  I have been practicing living with less, as in minimalism and decluttering "stuff", even my sewing space, but only recently have I considered my schedule, as something that needs to be decluttered.

I am learning how to say, no.  I am learning how to evaluate how important it is to get certain things done.  I have come to realize that my priorities need to include me.  So I put off painting the walls or replanting a part of the garden, just so that I could play in my sewing space. Let me tell you that, wow, what a feeling.  Two days of playing in my sewing space has boosted my moral like nothing else can.

I have energy and I am actually getting excited....  I know I still have a long list of UFOs to do, but I put all of that aside to just go with my whim.  This is what I am up to.


Through our Guild, about five of us decided that we were going to do this Heartfelt BOM quilt together.  The details of the designer is on the top page of the pattern.  The second page is my own diagram of my potential layout.  For copyright sake, I covered up the notes I had in the margins with sizes and number of blocks.


I have already reviewed the pattern and I am changing it up some, to make it my own.  Above picture shows some red and pink crazy blocks and some pink four patches that I intend to substitute where the designer has plain squares.

I had so much fun making these crazy blocks.  It took longer than I recall to make them, but I didn't care.  It was just me and my sewing machine.  Fun, fun, fun!!  

Can't wait to get together with the other ladies to start the actual blocks!

Take care everyone and take some to for yourself!  I am relearning just how important it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment