Tuesday 2 May 2023

Shirley's QOV, plus two others

Taking you back to Nov 5th/2022 when I quilted this lap size quilt for Shirley who coordinates the quilts for Quilt of Valour (QOV).  I quilted this with maple leaves, using a pattern called Maple Sugar.  I use this pantograph often.  I enjoyed flinging this quilt on a bed of leaves in my back yard.  It looks so nice in an autumn scenery.  The leaves were still falling from the tree above and landed on the edges of the quilt.


At the same time that Shirley brought me this quilt, she brought me these next two quilts.  


Both are the same block, that makes up the quilts, just one has borders and the second one doesn't.  It is a simple quilt block and helps use up scrap chunks.  I took the first picture on the flagstones and the second again in the leaves.


Two more quilts went off to veterans.  It makes me feel good to help out by quilting quilts for QOV.

1 comment: