Tuesday 2 May 2023

My design wall this month (May/2023)

Yesturday was the beginning of a new month.  I've been missing my time to play in my sewing room these past couple of months.  Taking any little snippets of time I can find.  I've caught up on things around here...or at least the things that have deadlines.  I still have too much to do, but this month I plan to take some more time for me.  Life is too short not to enjoy it, so I am looking to take more time to do some handwork and some machine sewing.  I have a bucket list of quilts I want to do and they won't get done if I don't start them.

This month I also host a workshop for the HHQG on the pineapple block in paper piecing.  So far there will be 15 in attendance with room only for another 3.  Looking forward to it, as this will be the first time since covid started in Mar/2020, that we are getting together.  Can you believe it's been 3yrs!

So, to mark the beginning of this month, I changed up my design wall.  Here is what I have on it now.  I still have the Rhododendron Trail quilt underneath everything.  On top of it, I decide to take out my hexagon quilt.  I am itching to get back to this one.  I am really getting there with it, though I haven't really touched it since October when we headed to the family reunion on a 2 1/2 hour drive up and back.  It's good handwork time.  

As you can see, I only have the bottom righthand corner to do, and a bit of the bottom border.  Yeah!!


On the left of this I hung up the bottom border to keep it safe.  Beside it, I have the Kaleidoscope quilt, the red spiderweb quilt and a few blocks of various other quilts on the go.  I think I am going to try and push forward with the hexagon quilt, however I still have five labels to make for my nieces and nephews, so we will see what I can do.

Take care everyone and don't forget to take some time for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing!! I do t k ow how you get so much done! You’re a inspiration!🤗

    ReplyDelete