Sunday 23 April 2023

The start of my wallflower quilt

The making of the quilt started back in Oct 28th/2022, but I was holding onto the fabrics for a few years....at least!  This was a matter of finding the right pattern for using up this gorgeous bundle of fabric.  What I thought was a fat quarter bundle, was actually only eighth strips.  I didn't even know that was a thing.  

I was a bit disappointed when I opened up the bundle to wash the fabrics, before I started cutting out the quilt pieces, in preparation for a quilting retreat.  Needless to say, I was frantically trying to find a few coordinating fabrics to augment the collection for the quilt I had planned.  All last minute....as it usually goes....lol.


I am leaving this post short.  Keeping you in suspense.  I am leaving it here with the eye candy of the fabrics I am using for my wallflower quilt.  You'll just have to wait for the finished quilt.  More about that soon.  I am currently in the process of putting on borders.  A little hint...the border fabric is that yellow piece at the bottom of the picture.

Take care everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment