Sunday 16 April 2023

Inspiration for a simple and pretty quilt (QW) by Teresa

I'll post this last picture for today, from Oct 28/2022, of a pattern that would work for making a simple but pretty quilt.  This will be good for using up scraps and the few larger squares in the block leans toward using focal fabrics as well.

This quilt was made by Teresa.  She tells me she enjoyed making this quilt and it was easy to make.  She enjoyed choosing her fabrics and quilt shop hopping to find the coordinating accent colours. 


It's a lovely lap size quilt.  I like the larger sashing used to separate the blocks with the smaller sashings between each of the fabrics.  Teresa quilted this quilt herself.  When I was visiting her one day, I spotted the orange fabric on the quilt that was displayed on her quilt ladder.

Teresa was kind enough to pull it out and share her quilt with me.  I took a picture for inspiration, for a future date.  I have some dogs and cats fabric that may work nicely with this pattern.

Take care everyone!  Have yourself a lovely day and take some time to enjoy this beautiful weather. 


No comments:

Post a Comment