Sunday 8 October 2023

Another leader ender block

In all the fun I was having on Thursday past,  I decided to try out this new to me block and figure out all the ironing directions, so that when the blocks go together, all the seams will appose and nest together nice and snug.  This block is called Celtic Knot.  I think it is going to be my next leader/ender.

This block is an old block and not copyright, so see above my page with the measurements, layout and ironing directions, if you want to make it yourself.  For my own blocks, I am doing them completely scrappy.  I'm still trying to use up my 2" strips.  I have my strips sorted into lights and darks.  You could make this in rainbow colours and coordinate it to link all the chains.  It can look beautiful that way! 


Here is another one.  In the end, mine will be more of the muddy colours, as that is what I have in abundance.  Seems that everyone is unloading these fabrics and going after the pretty bright ones...lol.  I don't mine them.  They still look pretty to me.


This is how the blocks will interlock.  The black and red lines will eventually form a square with the other colours (in this case the blue and beige) interlocking, over and under the other lines of the chain.


Here I drafted up a picture of the quilt top in black and white, to get an idea of how the quilt will look like with all the blocks together.

This new found excitement may get me into some trouble, if I continue to start new things....lol.

Take care everyone.  I am sending all my best wishes to all of you for a happy Thanksgiving.  Take the time to enjoy your family/friends and all the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment