Monday 23 October 2023

Guild meeting day today and I treated myself with a wool kit

Tonight was the Halton Hills Quilter's Guild meeting.  We had a nice turnout again tonight.  We had a great speaker by the name of Sharon Fisher of Gardening Mum Quilts. I have no words, that would be enough, to describe her show of quilts.  She had so many and they were all varied.  She is really into wool, but she also had pieced quilts, applique, embellishments, just to name a few.

I was taken away by all the beautiful quilts.  She is a longarmer and also had many quilts from others that she did the quilting on, so as I mentioned there was a variety of quilts.  She does do private workshops or group classes and classes through the Creekbank Sewing Centre, which I hear is a great destination to check out.  I have their card and will have to visit some time.

Tonight I handed in this quilt to the guild Outreach.  The top was donated to the guild and I quilted it for them.  This is a row quilt.  The picture does not do it justice.  It's a well thought out scrappy quilt assembled in rows.  Each row is somewhat of a sampler and all different.


Tonight's speaker also had a merchant table set up.  She sells stuff related to quilting obviously, and primarily hand work, kits, needles, books for embroidery stitches.  All kinds of little goodies.  This is the treat I got for myself.  It's a pillow with wool applique pumpkins with the saying, In All Things We Give Thanks.  The pattern is called Autumn Blessings from Pastime Pieces by Marlene Wymenga of Blenheim, ON.  I just love her designs.  It was hard to chose just the one!!

I really enjoyed the show tonight.  It may take me some time to fall asleep.....my mind will be going all over the place remembering this quilt and that one, oh and don't forget the other one.....lol.

Take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment