Friday 13 October 2023

A row of sailboats and another green hexagon star quilt

Tonight was dinner at my mom's place, so no sewing went on for me..... Tomorrow though, I should have a full day of time in my sewing room.  I have some quilting to do for charity and customers, but I think I will hold those off until Sunday.  I am really itching to sew up some of the blocks for the Heartfelt block of the month quilt.

Today I am sharing with you a couple of quilts from Nov 29th/2022.  I was really busy around that time, as you can tell.  Three posts in a row with quilts from that week and there were others....lol.

This first one was inspired by a 1 meter piece of fabric, which had a nodical theme to it, like lighthouses, anchors, etc.  I decided to keep the fabric in one piece and make a row of blocks for the top.  Sail boats was a natural choice.  I pulled the colours for the boats from the items in the fabric.  I quilted this quilt with a pantograph called Seafoam.  The quilt was approx. 40" x 52", a perfect size for a toddler.  This quilt went to Project Linus.


Here is another hexagon star quilt.  I made several of these types of NICU quilts.  All the stars were made by my daughter in different colours.  I appliqued the stars to a white background fabric and did a different border for each of them.  This one has pinwheels in each corner and strings in green between them.  NICU quilts are usually 24"-26" square.  They are used in the hospitals for the incubators, to keep the bright hospital lights off the preemies.  The parents get to take them home with their child at checkout time.  This cute little quilt also went to Project Linus, to a hospital in Guelph, ON.


Have a great weekend everyone!  Don't forget to take some time for yourself.  I know I will be.  I don't want to fall behind on the block of the month quilt already, just when we are just getting started.


No comments:

Post a Comment