Sunday 15 October 2023

A special request from my sister

A while back, my sister came to me and asked me (in a joking manner), "What kind of warranty do I have on my placemats that you made me?"  I had to laugh!  I made my sister's placemats back in Dec/2015.  She alternates them with another set she has.  She washes them gently.

I'd say that she has past to warranty date.....lol.....like holy smokes.....lol.  That is like almost 8 years.  WOW!!  Anyways, they are starting to show some wear along the edges and she like them a lot.  This has got to be one of the best compliments that a quilter can get.  She loved and used them to the fullest.

I just yesturday managed to finish another set for her.  Her colours are in the burgundy and grey.  Whereas before, it was burgundy and taupe.  These are the same placemat style, but now in her current colourway.  She needed this style as her table used to be a small round bar height table and this was what I came up with, instead of making circle placemats.  Even though she now has a regular size table, she still wanted the same style of placemats.  This is what she is getting.


Last time I quilted them differently, but now with my experience, over time, I have come up with an easier design to quilt these, that requires less starts and stops.  It still meets with her slightly modern style.  She is coming over for a movie night this Friday, so I got them done just in time!


Yesturday, my mom and I went to a quilting show in Waterloo.  It's been the first show since Covid happened back over 3yrs ago.  I really enjoyed it!  I will see if I can upload the pictures from my phone and give you a bit of quilting inspiration.  There were so many beautiful quilts.  I only got a small sampling, but even still, I will likely have to separate them into more than one post.  Soon.

Take care everyone and don't forget to take some time for yourself! 


No comments:

Post a Comment