Tuesday 10 October 2023

Blue hexagon NICU quilt and inspiration/Bento Box block (QW)

I just got back from my mom's place.  The quilting group she belongs to, had to do zoom this month, due to the construction going on around their meeting place.  My mom doesn't do computers, so I went over there tonight to set her up, so that she could be there to enjoy the ladies and the speaker.

While she was doing that, I was on my tablet checking out some inspiration on Pinterest.   I tell you, Pinterest is like one big deep black hole, that once you go in, you are there for a long time....lol.  It never fails.  I do get inspiration from seeing what others are up to, and to me Pinterest is the lesser of the evils, compared to Facebook.  That is another big black hole.  I try and stay away from them both and limit my time using them.

Other than browsing Pinterest for quilting eye candy, I didn't have a chance to do anything quilt related.  So, today I am going to take you back in time to Nov 5th/2022, when I made this adorable blue hexagon quilt, in NICU size.  

This was a hexagon star that my daughter made some time ago and decided that she didn't want to make a large size quilt with them.  I took her star and appliqued it to a white square/background, and surrounded it with three small borders of coordinating colours.  This is the last of six hexagon stars that she made and that I converted to a NICU quilt.


My block inspiration from today's venture into Pinterest is this Bento Box block.  This is yet another great use of scraps. Many different colours and multi fabrics for the background would make this interesting.  I'll have to add it to the leader/ender someday wish list......lol.....for someday... 

My someday wish list keeps getting bigger and bigger...but that's ok...so long as it stays on the wish list until I can finish up some of my UFOs.  I know I can't do them all, as there are not enough hours in the day!!

Take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment