Monday 16 October 2023

Red spiderweb quilt

As of yesturday morning I had the top and bottom borders left to make for this quilt.  I was determined to finish it.  I have a bunch of quilts that are almost done with minimal stuff to do on them, but they still just sit and wait to be completed.  I tend to have a hang up with finally finishing quilt.  Often it is at the border stag that I get stuck.  It's almost like I want to hold on to the quilt a bit longer before I give it up.  Is that only me, or do you have certain point of construction that you stall out at?

After I finished my sister's placemats, the day before, I thought why not make it a double finish.  So, I set my self to finishing this.  The borders are made with strings.  This is not a hard quilt to make.  It goes together very well.

In this case I decided to do this spiderweb quilt all in reds with a white newsprint for the background.  I used every shade of red I had in my strings, from very dark bordeaux to light almost pink reds.  It's what makes it work.  You could do this in any colourway you like or even scrappy and it will all look good.  If you do a search of 'spiderweb' in the top search bar, you will see that I have made many and all of them at completely different.  I even taught a workshop for our local guild.


I finished the top and bottom borders and attached them to the quilt, and scrambled around looking for a backing fabric.  I figured I was on a roll that I would keep going and quilt up the quilt.  Can you guess what I quilted this quilt with.....  Well......of coarse, Along Came a Spider from Urban Elementz....lol.


What else would you quilt on a spiderweb quilt....lol.  I am happy with how this quilt turn out.  This quilt is going to Project Linus.

Take care everyone, have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment