Saturday 21 October 2023

Getting bits and pieces done

Been busy all day today.  But a nice kind of busy.  After quilting a quilt for Quilts for Survivors, I decided to take a bit of time to finish up my Heartfelt BOM blocks for October.  They were almost done when I tackled them after lunch.  Now I can say that my homework for October is done. Done!! Yeah!  I think they are looking cute.


While I was having my mid afternoon tea, I started playing in my fabrics again.  Sorting the reds and the pinks, into fat quarters, yardage and chunks.  I want to use as much of the smaller stuff that I can,  move upward.  The little pile between the two, is the fabric I used already.  The clear container holds primarily my lights/background fabric.  Lol....I am sure I could make a few quilts with what I pulled for this BOM...lol.  I'll put it all back once I am done.


After dinner, I thought I would organize my letters, for the saying, that I will be making for the borders. I am going with these letters from Sugaridoo called Funky ABC.  I thought they were great a few years back, when I bought them and now I am finally going to get a chance to use them.

Now I have to start thinking about what fabrics I want to use for the blocks for November.  Our little group is going to meet, toward the end of the month, so I want to have a good chunk of the blocks done already.  If I do get them done, during our sew day, I can just start on my letters for the borders.

Hope you all had a pleasant day today.  Take care and don't forget to take some time for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment